Job Title: Parts Trainee
Responsible to: Parts Manager / Aftersales Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
To sell an agreed volume of parts thereby achieving incremental sales and profit opportunities. To achieve customer satisfaction objectives and to ensure that the customer is dealt with professionally adhering to the manufacturers standards and dealership procedures. To carry out customer follow ups to develop and maintain positive relationships. To continuously deliver the highest level of satisfaction to internal and external customers.
- Conducts part related activities to help achieve agreed volume and profit targets
- Ensures the accurate and timely ordering of parts for stock and for internal/external customers, requested either by phone, email or face to face
- Maintains stock levels in line with demand and dealer/company standards
- Through the accurate retrieval of parts, responds to customer requests for parts in stock in the most timely and cost effective manner
- Checks the appropriateness of parts requested by the customer and ensures that the requested part will complete the function for which it is required;
- Produces invoices for all sales and ensures payment is received prior to releasing the part, or that appropriate trade accounts are used for customer. Completes the appropriate paperwork
- Contributes towards the accurate pre-picking of parts for use by the service department, and supports the ‘right first time’ process
- Displays all parts stock, including accessories, in an attractive manner, encouraging additional sales revenue from customers
- Promotes sale of additional products to customers;
- Maximise the potential of up-sales during service customer communications;
- Ensures all discounts offered are authorised and accounted for accurately
- Handles customer problems, complaints and difficult situations using the necessary skills and where possible resolving the issue to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and the business. Consults and informs Manager when necessary/appropriate.
- Liaises with manufacturer or external warranty providers for information/approval on contributions
- Ensures accurate completion of all documentation both by self and customer, relating to all actions that are undertaken
- Develops and maintains comprehensive product knowledge in respect of all vehicles
- Ensure appropriate money handling procedures are employed at all times;
- Understands and complies with all appropriate legislation relevant to the department including health and safety legislation
- Ensure prompt customer follow up email / phone calls to maintain customer satisfaction and manufacturing standards as outlined in company policies.
- Completes any other appropriate activities as specified by the Line Manager.
§Regularly reviews manufacturers bulletins and marketing programmes to ensure customers are offered current promotions
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers, suppliers and the manufacturer;
- Strong problem solving ability to identify and resolve dissatisfied customers issues in a professional and empathetic manner;
- Possess strong attention to detail with administrative functions;
- Work independently in a busy, active environment, managing own time and workflow effectively;
- Present a consistently professional image to both internal and external customers, through attitude, behaviour and personal appearance;
- Build strong interdepartmental relationships and pay close attention to other department requirements;
Please note that the job description is a guideline and does not aim to detail every possible task and expectation. This job description may be subject to change and periodic review.