Job Title: Car Cleaner / Valetor
Responsible to: Cleaning Supervisor / Dealer Principal
Main Purpose of Job:
Ensure the appropriate sales and service vehicles are in a first class internal and external condition. Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is continually attained, both to internal and external customers. Ensure the work is completed on time. Ensure the overall efficiency of the cleaning / valet department.
- Prepares new and used vehicles for display/collection;
- Safeguards and protects all customer vehicles whilst driving and cleaning with appropriate seat covers and mats;
- Note any accidents or damage on vehicles and bring this to the attention of relevant manager;
- Collects cars from around the site to the Cleaning Bay as requested by Management;
- Completes all administrative functions relating to all actions that are undertaken;
- Processes appropriate dealership paperwork to ensure that the vehicle is correctly and fully prepared on time;
- Takes care not to cause damage to vehicle and components whilst in for repair or maintenance and cares for and properly uses, all plant and tools belonging to the dealership;
- Understands and complies with all appropriate legislation;
- Drive in a safe and courteous manner at all times;
- Ensures the maintenance of all equipment such as jet washers and other materials used in the completion of the job and ensures they are carefully maintained and secured;
- Complies with all Health and Safety legislation to ensure safety and well being of self, colleagues, customers and visitors;
- Ensure total compliance with all environmental regulations;
- Checks vehicle forecourt display and ensures all stock is cleaned to the standards required;
- Completes any other appropriate activities as specified by the Manager including all ad hoc driving duties;
- Ensure general housekeeping and site maintenance.
- Work independently in a busy, active environment, and without constant supervision;
- Undertake demanding physical work in a variety of weather conditions;
- Use cleaning equipment for both the interior and exterior of vehicles;
- Communicate efficiently;
- Focus on customers’ expectations;
- Be flexible in order to cater for changing business requirements;
- Drive vehicles safely and courteously;
- Have an awareness of the Fundamentals and their impact on this job;
- Be familiar with the use of appropriate cleaning equipment and products;
- Be familiar with the quality control required from the Sales and Service departments;
- Have an awareness of the need for good housekeeping within the work area.
- Assist with the efficient flow of vehicles around the site and park prepared cars in the car park in preparation for collection or delivery;
- Ensure all cars are washed and vacuumed thoroughly before being returned to the customer;
- Polish cars, including tyres and windows, to ensure a high standard of presentation;
- Valet new and used cars, including demonstrators, to Retailer standards;
- Inspect the valeting bay on a regular basis and ensure work area is swept daily and kept clean and free from obstructions;
- Minimises wastage of all materials, oils and fluids;
Please note that the job description is a guideline and does not aim to detail every possible task and expectation. This job description may be subject to change and periodic review.
The Connolly Motor Group is an equal opportunities employer.